Tuesday, July 17, 2018


Club Permit Scheme (CPS)

Here's how to put your car on club plates

All you have to do is change over to the new Club Permit Scheme (CPS)

Permit fee (as by July 2015) is only $142.00 for 90 days usage per year or $73.00 for 45 days usage, compared with $700+ for normal registration.

Under the new scheme:-

  • Vehicles can be used at any time for any purpose other than for the carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward.
  • A log book entry must be made each day that the vehicle is used (unless the vehicle is within 100 metres of the garaged address).
  • The entry must be made PRIOR to the journey commencing.
  • The logbook must be carried in the vehicle at all times the vehicle is in use.Apply for either a 45 or 90 day Permit.
  • If you get a 45 day Permit and use up your 45 days you can get another 45 day Permit.
  • You can’t drive your vehicle for more than 90 days in each 12 month period. Permits are issued for 12 month periods.
  • Vehicles are issued with specific club permit plates and windscreen labels.
  • VicRoads may suspend or cancel a permit if you become an unfinancial member or if your car becomes unsafe for use on public highways.


Which vehicles are eligible?

  • Veteran – manufactured before 1 January 1919;
  • Vintage – manufactured after 31 December 1918 and before 1 January 1931
  • Classic and Historic vehicles - manufactured after 31 December 1930, but more than 25 years before the date of the application for a club permit.
  • Includes cars, trailers, trucks, and some other modified vehicles such as street rods.
  • Replicas of vehicles in the above mentioned categories may also be eligible


Putting your car onto Club Permit Scheme for the first time [see below for renewals]:

  • Join Motafrenz.
  • Remember, your Club Permit Scheme becomes invalid if you cease to be a current member. You have to be a financial member at all times. 
  • You and your car will have to attend to at least ONE Motafrenz event per year
  • Go to the VicRoads website and follow all their steps. 
  • You'll have to obtain a Road Worthy Certificate [RWC] for your car.
  • Contact the Club Permit Officer to organise a car inspection prior to visiting VicRoads: 

Michael Frith, Permit Officer, Motafrenz Car Club, PO Box 1331, Collingwood, Vic 3066,


Call Michael on 0409196435 with any questions you have.

  • Take the forms to a VicRoads Office. Pay the Fees and Vic Roads will issue you with your new Club plates, windscreen sticker and logbook.
  • Once you have your Club plates be sure to email the Club Permit Officer with the plate number and the expiry date.


Renewing Your Club Permit:

  • Simply post your VicRoads renewal documents and a completed, signed Club Permit Declaration form [which can be downloaded from this site] and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:

Membership Officer, Motafrenz Car Club, PO Box 1331, Collingwood, 3066.

  • Usually, the Membership Officer will sign the VicRoads Permit renewal and send it back to you. However the Club does have the right to request to see and inspect the car at any time ~ including when you renew your Club Permit.
  • Bear in mind that you and your car will have to attend to at least ONE Motafrenz event per year.

Click Here for More Details About VicRoads' Club Permit Scheme




We recommend the RACV Veteran, Vintage and Classic Car Insurance. It has reasonable premiums paid by the month and it includes 24H Extra Care Roadside Assistance. Call 1800 646 605 or visit their website for more info and to get a quote.



Contact Us Button

Contact Motafrenz Car Club

Join Motafrenz Button

Join Motafrenz Car Club