Tuesday, July 17, 2018


Registering Your Special Vehicle

Registering Your Special Vehicle

Registering your Special Vehicle

Club Permit Scheme

Save around $500 per car per year on Registration!


All you have to do is change over to the new Club Permit Registration Permit registration fee is only $114.50 for 90 days usage per year or $64.59 for 45 days usage, compared with $640+ for normal registration. AND you should be able to save hundreds more on insurance.

Under the new scheme:-

  •  Vehicles can be used at any time for any purpose other than for the carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward.
  • A log book entry must be made each day that the vehicle is used (unless the vehicle is within 100 metres of the garaged address).
  • The logbook must be carried in the vehicle at all times the vehicle is in use.
  • Apply for either a 45 or 90 day Permit. If you get a 45 day Permit and use up your 45 days you can get another 45 day Permit.
  • You can’t drive your vehicle for more than 90 days in each 12 month registration period.
  • Permits are issued for 12 month periods.
  • Vehicles are issued with specific club permit plates and windscreen labels.
  • You must belong to a club registered with Vic Roads for the Club Permit Scheme. Motafrenz is such a club.
  • VicRoads may suspend or cancel a permit if you become an unfinancial member of the club through which you obtained your Club Permit or if your vehicle becomes unsafe for use on public highways.
  • Which vehicles are eligible?
  • Veteran – manufactured before 1 January 1919;
  • Vintage – manufactured after 31 December 1918 and before 1 January 1931
  • Classic and Historic vehicles - manufactured after 31 December 1930, but more than 25 years before the date of the application for a club permit.
  • Includes cars, trailers, trucks, and some other modified vehicles such as street rods.
  • Replicas of vehicles in the abovementioned categories may also be eligible
  • Your Simple Steps to Savings are:-
  • Join (or renew your membership to) Motafrenz. Remember, your Club Permit Registration becomes invalid if you cease to be a current member.
  • Go to the Vic Roads website and download the Club Permit Registration Form.  On this page you will find the Club Permit Registration Form under the heading “Other Vehicle Registration Forms”.
  • Complete the Form
  • Obtain a Road Worthy Certificate (RWC) for your car. Our Motafrenz member Mel Carey (who advertises on the back cover of Cruise Control) can do this for you. Remember that a RWC is only valid for 30 days from the date of issue. Therefore you will need to get your RWC at about the same time as you prepare your Application.

Send two copies of the Form + your RWC to:

Michael F, Motafrenz Car Club, PO Box 1331, Collingwood, Vic 3066.


Complete Our Enquiry Form and Contact our Permits Officer.

Call Michael on 0409196435 with any Questions you have.

Michael will sign the Vic roads Permit application and send it back to you.

Take the Permit Application to a Vic Roads Customer Service Centre. Pay the Fees and Vic Roads will issue you with your new Club plates, windscreen sticker and logbook.

If you take your Permit Application to these Vic Roads locations you will receive your plates on-the-spot: Bendigo, Broadmeadows , Bundoora, Burwood, Carlton, Frankston, Geelong, Mildura, Morwell, Sunshine, Warrnambool, Wodonga.

Otherwise, if you go to any other Customer Service Centre you will have to wait for the delivery of your number plates via the post.

What can I do if my car fails the RWC?

You will need to get the car fixed, and then have it re-tested. Once you have received your RWC you can send it to Mike – see point 5 above.

So, get saving now!

You Can Go To VicRoads Website for More Details: about the Club Permit Scheme. 


Contact Us Button

Contact Motafrenz Car Club

Join Motafrenz Button

Join Motafrenz Car Club