Insuring your Special Vehicle.
Savings available on insurance.
What to look for in a policy.
- Agreed value or Market Valuation – remember that most Special Vehicles will have a personal value to you.
- And their true replacement value is probably far higher than the market valuation for a car of that age – because your vehicle will be in better condition than an average one on which the market valuation will be based.
- No Claim Bonus
- Restrictions on who can drive the vehicle
- Garaging restrictions – many limited use policies require the vehicle to be kept off the street under lock & key.
- Multi-car policies – can often give you a further discount
Shannon’s offer a “limited use” policy. Club Permit-registered vehicles automatically qualify for a “limited use” policy.
Note however that cars on full registration can also qualify for a “limited use” policy if they are not used frequently.
Shannon’s tell us that as a rule-of-thumb a “limited use” policy will get you a 40% discount on the Premium you would otherwise pay.
RACV offer Vintage, Veteran & Classic Insurance on vehicles 15 years and older, hot rods made before 1949, stationary engines and motorcycles. For more details:
Call 1800 646 605,